- Long-term, intermediate, or brief psychotherapy
- Individual, couples, and group modalities
- Dating, relationships, and intimacy
- Relationship Problems
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Depression & unhappiness, bereavement, and other mood disturbances
- Anxiety & Panic, Obsessive Compulsive disorders, obsessions
- Risk assessments, cognitive evaluations, and parenting assessments
- Professional supervision and consultation
- Men’s sexuality, sexual identity, compulsive sexual behaviour
- Substance misuse and other addictive behaviour.
- Internet chat room / cybersex addiction
- Expat/acculturation difficulties
- Employment issues, such as stress, burnout, redundancy, bullying, and harassment
- Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual issues and concerns
- Personal growth and exploration
- Physical and sexual abuse and childhood trauma
- Skype/FaceTime therapy
- Anger Problems
I offer psychotherapy, consultation, and/or supervision via SKYPE or FaceTime (also called telemedicine, distance therapy, telepsych, or telemental health). Skype is a video communication programme that is free to download,and is available for most computer’s operating systems. To enhance the efficiency of Skype, a high-speed Internet connection is recommended.
Advantages of Skype/FaceTime Therapy
- Distance is a non-issue
- Sessions fit easily into a busy schedule
- Sessions are possible while traveling
- Therapy is accessible if you are homebound
Disadvantages of Skype/FaceTime Therapy
While online therapy offers many advantages, there are also some drawbacks to online therapy. These may include, but are not limited to:
- The possible disruption of therapy due to technical difficulties.
- The transmission of medical information could be interrupted by and/or accessed by unauthorised persons.
Please express your interest for Skype/FaceTime therapy to me via email or telephone.
Before online therapy can begin, it is necessary to complete and mail the Consent to Treatment Form, Telemedicine Consent Form and the Intake Form. These forms are located under the Forms link, and once completed and signed, can be emailed or mailed via post to:
Dr. Louis A. Monaco Dr. Louis A. Monaco
85 Wimpole Street or 9 Rue Pelouze
London W1G 9RJ Paris 75008
Secure payments can be made via PayPal or bank transfer.
Skype Is Not Right for Everyone
Clients who are experiencing suicidal ideation, or have attempted suicide in the past, may not be the ideal candidate for online therapy due the fact that more complete care is necessary to manage the presenting symptoms.
Please note: The use of Skype or FaceTime as a therapeutic approach cannot be used for providing emergency counselling services. If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal or have feelings of wanting to harm themselves or someone else, please contact your local emergency services. Dr. Monaco does not offer crisis intervention or emergency services via Skype, email, or telephone.